Outlook 2003 Instructions for Changing the Settings re:
-- Outgoing Mail Server Port Number
--- Reference to each specific topic below is in the same color as the topic above. ---
-- Password Authentication
-- Leaving Copies of Mail on the Server
-- Secure Email
1) Open Microsoft Outlook 2003
2) Click on TOOLS
3) On the dropdown menu choose E-MAIL ACCOUNTS
4) Click on “View or change existing e-mail accounts”
5) Click on the NEXT button in the bottom right
6) You’ll get to the “E-mail Accounts” page.
---- Highlight your email account and then click on the CHANGE button to the right
7) To change your Outgoing Mail Server:
In the E-mail Accounts window, under "Server Information"
type to right of "Outgoing mail server (SMTP)" mail.mcn.org
8) To set Password Authentication: Click on the MORE SETTINGS button in the bottom right
9) Click on the OUTGOING SERVER tab
10) Check “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication"
Select “Use same settings as my incoming mail server”
11) Click on the "OK" button
12) To change your Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP server)
Click on the Advanced tab
----- To the right of "Outgoing mail (SMTP) change 25 >> 587
13) To enable Secure Incoming Mail:
----- On the Advanced tab, under "Incoming mail (POP3) check "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)"
The Port number should be changed to 995
Under "Outgoing mail (POP3) check "This server requires a secure connection (SSL)"
The Port number can stay at 587 or whatever port number you've been using.
----- Click the OK button at the bottom right of the window.
14)To change your settings for holding copies of your mail on our server (SMTP server)
----- Look down to the bottom of the Advanced Tab page
Under "Delivery -----"
----- If you DON'T want to leave a copy of your mail on the server
----- then no boxes should be checked
----- If you DO want to leave a copy of your mail on the server
----- Check "Leave a copy of messages on server"
----- Check "Remove from server after [# of days] days(s). Best to keep it under 14 days
Click the Apply button and then the OK button
On the next screen click the CLOSE button in the bottom right
You've done it. Great job!
Email Program Directory Page
or MCN Home Page