Eudora 6 - 7, Windows Instructions for Changing the Settings re:
-- Outgoing Mail Server Port Number
-- Password Authentication
-- Leaving Copies of Mail on the Server
-- Secure Email
Short Directions for Changing Port Numbers in Eudora for Windows
1) Open Eudora
2) Create a new email message and paste or type in the following link:
Click on that link while holding down the alt key.
A window will appear with the new port number in it.
Click the OK button in that window.
To Change the Outgoing Mail Port from 25 to 587:
Drop down the Tools menu, and choose Options
Click on Ports
Change the port from 25 to 587
Now just look at the directions to check to make sure you have Password Authentication set.
** Directions for Password Authentication in Eudora for Windows **
1) Open EUDORA on your Windows computer
2) Click on TOOLS
3) In the dropdown menu choose OPTIONS
4) In the left column click on “Getting Started”
5) Under “SMTP Server (Outgoing):” you must fill in “mail.mcn.org"
6) Under that field CHECK THE BOX to the left of “Allow authentication”
To change the Outgoing Mail Server
---- In the left column under "Category:" scroll down and click on "Sending Mail"
---- Check "Use submission port (587)
---- Click on the OK button at the bottom of the page
7) To change your settings re: Holding a Copy of your Mail on the Server:
---- Click on TOOLS
---- In the dropdown menu choose OPTIONS >> in the left column click on Incoming Mail
---- In the right column Check "Leave mail on server."
------ Also check "Delete from server after" and fill in the number of days(Best to keep it under 14 days)
---- If you DON'T want to hold copies of your mail on the server then DON'T check "Leave mail on server."
8) For Secure Email do the following:
---- Click on TOOLS >> In the dropdown menu choose OPTIONS
---- In the left column click on Checking Mail
---- Under "Secure Sockets when Receiving" click blue tab with arrow
---- In dropdown menu choose "If available, STARTTLS"
Click the OK button at the buttom
You've done it. Great job!
Email Program Directory Page
or MCN Home Page