Updated October 20, 2014
1. List Purpose: This suggested use of this listserv is for for announcements regarding physical events that happen at a specific location in Mendocino County.
2. Message Length: We suggest that list messages be brief and to the point. The suggested use of this list is to announce things rather than to express a viewpoint or go into detail. We encourage the use of links to website material as a way to tell readers you have more information.
3. List Subscription Requirement for Posting: In order to submit items to this list you must be a member of this list.
4. List Membership: MCN will make no effort to limit membership on the list. MCN staff will make no effort to identify list members beyond the information provided during the list subscription process.
5. Message Size: Messages need to be less than 40kb in size
6. Message Format: Limited HTML formatting is allowed in messages. Keep in mind that formatting increases the size of your message
7. Message Replies: Replies will go to the sender of the list by default. Also, messages to this list must be sent only to this list. Messages sent to multiple recipients including this list or using the blind carbon copy (bcc) will be rejected by the server.
8. Limits on Announcement: There is no limit on announcements but we suggest that you do not excessively repeat announcements.
9. Suggested Content for This List
For Sale Items
We suggest only listing the specifics of events.
First Responders/Public Safety Information/Lost and Found
We encourage all first responders/emergency agencies to use this list to post information of concern to the public. We also encourage posting of safety information such as mountain lion sightings and road closure information. Brief lost and found announcements are encouraged.
We encourage public agencies and individuals to publish notices of public meetings. However, we suggest such notices stay to the specifics of the meeting time and location and should not include detailed agendas but should rather include a link to the agenda on your website.
Radio/Television Shows and Schedules
Lost and Found
10. Business/Organization Announcements
We suggest that only businesses and organizations with a physical presence in Mendocino County post announcements to this list. The suggested use of this list is primarily for individuals so we suggest that businesses use it sparingly and only for special items. We suggest that Business postings be posted by the actual business.
11. Emergency Intervention: MCN staff will only intervene to make changes in list membership in the event of technical abuse of the system, such as spam flooding by automated systems, to stop autoresponders from posting to the list, or other circumstances which threaten the viability of the service for all list members.
12. Dispute Resolution: The staff of the Mendocino Community Network and the Mendocino Unified School District are not responsible for adjudicating disagreements or addressing concerns about posts on the lists, possible future postings to the list, or the behavior of list members--either on or off the list. List members must resolve conflicts directly with other list members or where necessary engage law enforcement or legal counsel to resolve issues resulting from list posts.
13.Retained Information: The Mendocino Community Network logs a minimal amount of information regarding the Announce list. Information in the logs includes standard information contained in e-mail headers when messages are sent to the listserv by a members e-mail server. The logs also contain the list of members who receive a particular list message. The logs are kept for the sole purpose of resolving technical issues with the listserv. All logs are discarded within one month after the posting was made.
14. List Moderation: The employees of the Mendocino Community Network (MCN) or The Mendocino Unified School District (MUSD) will at no time moderate the content of the Announce list unless compelled to do so by state and federal regulations or legal order. All postings to or items linked from the MCN Announce List, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such content originated. More specifically, posters are entirely responsible for each individual item ("Item") of content that they post to the Announce List. MCN/MUSD does not control, and is not responsible for content made available through the Announce List, and by using the Announce List, you may be exposed to content that is offensive, indecent, inaccurate, misleading, or otherwise objectionable.
The Mendocino Community Network(MCN) provides the MCN Announce list as a service to Mendocino County. MCN is not responsible for the information posted on this site by others. MCN disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by MCN or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall MCN be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site. MCN has not evaluated the suitability of the information provided with "For Sale" items or any other items, and inclusion of an item does not constitute the endorsement of any item presented on this list. The information presented is provided by MCN "as is" and without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, including (but not limited to) any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for any particular purpose, or non-infringement.